Every organization should have a hierarchy set up for their employees to run day-to-day to work smoothly. Office 365 introducing many advanced features (ex: Office 365 Groups, Flow, Planner, Teams, and etc.) to reduce the hurdles in collaboration and communication between employees and their manager. So, setting up a manager for users is important to use advanced features like Flow and Workflow.
In this article, we are going to explain how to update the manager field for Azure AD users by following two different ways.
- Set Manager via Exchange Online Admin center
- Set Manager via Azure AD portal
Set Manager via Exchange Online Admin center
You can follow the below steps to set a manager in the required mailbox user through Exchange Online Admin center.
- Go to Office 365 Admin center.
- In the left navigation, expand Admin centers, and then select Exchange.
- In the Exchange Administration Center (EAC), navigate to recipients > mailboxes.
- Select the required user to update the manager field and then click on the Edit icon.
- In Edit Uer Mailbox popup, go to the organization tab and you can set the manager field as shown in the below image.
Set Manager via Azure AD portal
Follow the below steps to configure the manager from Azure AD Portal.
- Go to Azure AD Portal.
- In the left navigation, click Azure Active Directory and click Users.
- Select (click on user name hyperlink) the required user, click on Edit under Job info section and then add or remove manager field as shown in the below image.
Note: Setting up manager field in one place does not immediately reflect in other places or in Delve and you have to wait few mins to hours for a full crawl of Active Directory by the SharePoint User Profiles.
Please sign in to leave a comment.