First Step: Enable 2 Step-Verification
1. Login into user's Gmail and go to their picture and choose Manage your Google Account.
2. Choose Security tab and under signing in to Google click on 2 Step-Verfication
3. 2 Step-Verification page will appear and click on Get Started. In the next page, please ensure the phone showing is correct and click on TRY IT NOW.
4. You will receive a notification from Google at your phone as per picture below, then click on Yes.
5. Back to your gmail account at the laptop, please ensure your phone number is correct. On this page, you will have to option on how to receive the code.
i) Text Message
ii) Phone Call
Once you have done choose the option (in this example, I choose text message), click on Send
6. You will receive 6 digits code sent to your mobile number. Key in the code at your laptop as per below.
7. At the final step, click on Turn On
Second Step: Enable App Password
Continue from step 7 above ...
1. Click on theto return on the Security page.
2. In the Signing in to Google pane, choose App passwords.
3. In the App passwords page, choose Mail and Windows Computer option by clicking the arrow down and click on Generate.
4. You will receive 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device. Copy the code for your future reference and tap Done
Third Steps: Enable IMAP Settings
1. Click on Setting icon in your Gmail, and click on See all settings.
2. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. In the "IMAP access" section, select Enable IMAP. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Fourth Steps: Add Gmail in Outlook
1. Launch Outlook application. Go to File, choose Account Settings and click on Account Settings. In Email Account pop-out box, click on New...
2. Key in your Gmail email address and click on Advanced button. Make sure to tick on the option to setup account manually and hit Connect.
3. Google pop-out box will appear, click on Next after you check your Gmail email address is correct
4. Now, key in the 16-character code that you have generate earlier in Second Steps at the password box as per below. Once done, click on Sign in.