There are a few possible reasons why hyperlinks may not be working in Outlook. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
STEP 1: Check if Outlook is in offline mode.
- If Outlook is in offline mode, hyperlinks won't work.
- To check this, go to the "Send/Receive" tab in the ribbon and make sure "Work Offline" is not selected.
STEP 2: Check your default browser settings.
- If your default browser is not set correctly, hyperlinks may not work.
- To check this, go to the "Default Apps" settings in Windows and make sure your preferred browser is set as the default.
STEP 3: Check if the hyperlink is disabled.
- In some cases, the hyperlink may have been disabled by a security setting or add-in.
- To check this, go to "File" > "Options" > "Trust Center" > "Trust Center Settings" > "Automatic Download" and make sure the "Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail" option is unchecked.
STEP 4: Reset Internet Explorer settings.
- Outlook uses Internet Explorer settings to handle hyperlinks.
- To reset Internet Explorer settings, go to "Internet Options" in the Control Panel, select the "Advanced" tab, and click "Reset".
STEP 5: Repair or reinstall Office.
- If none of the above steps work, you may need to repair or reinstall Office to fix the issue.
If these troubleshooting steps do not work, it may be helpful to contact your IT department or Microsoft support for further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.