To add an external user in Microsoft Teams, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Azure Active Directory admin center portal. Sign in with your email credentials which have access Admin.
2. In the My Dashboard page, under the Azure AD quick tasks choose to Add a guest user.
3. Under Select template, choose the Invite user option. Next, under Identity, you have to fill in the Name and Email address of the user you want to invite as a guest user.
- If you want to add the guest user to the groups, you can scroll down the page until you see the Groups and roles section. Here, you just click the 0 groups selected, and a pop-up on the right page will come out. Search and select the groups and click the Select button.
4. Then, click Invite.
5. After that, there is a pop-up on the top right corner of the page to notify the invitation has been sent to the user.
- The external user needs to accept the invitation link first in order to access the Microsoft Teams group.