DETERMINE THE EVENT / MEETING
Confirm the followings before setting up the invitation:
- Subject of the event / meeting.
- Date, Time and Venue.
- When is the reminder needed to be set.
- Determine whether invitees need to be response our invitation or not.
CREATE EVENT / MEETING
1. On the Home tab, the Favorites, choose All Staff
2. On the Home tab, select Calendar
3. In the Group Calendar, Home tab, select New Appointment or New Meeting
4. In the To box, you can see All Staff is defaulted
5. In the Subject box, insert the Subject of the Meeting.
6. In the Location box, choose or insert where this meeting will be held.
7. Choose one of the following:
- For a specific start and end time, in the Start time and End time lists, click the meeting start and end times.
- For an all-day event, select the All day event check box and the event shows as a full 24-hour event, lasting from midnight to midnight.
8. In the meeting request message box, you can type any information you want to share with the recipients
9. You also can attach a file. On the Insert tab, choose Attach File, and then choose the file you want to add to the meeting request
OTHERS SETTING AND OPTIONS
1. On the Meeting tab, set the Reminder - Select or clear this option to enable or disable meeting or appointment reminders in Outlook
2. On the Meeting tab, set Response Options as follows:
- Untick the Request Responses, you will not receive any responses from attendees indicating whether they plan to attend or not,
- Tick the Request Responses, you will receive responses from attendees indicating whether they plan to attend or not.
3. On the Meeting tab, set as follows:
- To make the appointment recurring, in the Meeting tab, select Recurrence . Select the frequency (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly) that the appointment recurs, and then select options for the frequency. Click OK.
ENSURE ALL STEPS AS ABOVE ARE IN ORDER
1. Double confirm and check the followings:
- Date, Time and Venue
- Subject of the meeting / event
- Other options i.e. Reminder, Show As, Response Options
2. Click Send.
3. Double check the Group Calendar whether the meeting properly set out.