*Please take note that you only can download backup file while using the Edge.
1. Login into portal.office.com by using your admin credential.
2. Choose Admin from the App Launcher.
3. Under Admin centers, choose Compliance.
4. Under Solutions, click on the Content search.
Click on New search, and enter the details.
i) Name (any name can be use)
ii) Check On the status for Exchange mailboxes and click on the Choose users. Key in the username of the user's email address (You may choose more than 1 user). Once done, click on Next.
iii) Under Conditions tab, click on Next.
iv) Under Review your search, click on Submit.
v) Your search is created. Click on Done.
5. Search for your Name of the content search.
6. Make sure the search is already completed under status.
Click on the Actions and choose Export results.
7. The export result tab will pop out and click on Export. Then click OK.
8. Under Export tab, search for the name of your content search. Click on your content search to open the search.
9. Scroll down and you may see the status of your content search. Click on the Refresh button to check the updates. This might take a while to finish the job depends on the mailbox size.
10. Once the export has completed, click on Download results. Make sure you copy the export key to download the backup file later.
Below is the example of export key, click on the copy to clipboard.
i) The new tab will pop out, click on the Open in the dialog box.
ii) In the export tool box, paste the export key from the step 10 earlier and you may choose on location to save the backup file. Once done, click on Start. This might take a while to finish downloading backup file.
11. Once done, click on Close.